FULL-STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are looking for:
Not one, but two full-stack engineers with around 5 years of relevant experience!
Applying novel protocols to the real world comes with a varied task list, such as doing research, problem solving that requires creative approaches, contributing to the open-source communities, fixing bugs in alpha phase software and starting projects from scratch.
Do you want to work on blockchain projects that make headlines in Bloomberg and Coindesk? Or that have changed the way authorities look at tokenization? Then Blocklab is the place for you!
Backed by the Port of Rotterdam, we develop blockchain solutions to enhance the energy transition and to improve global supply chains. We co-create with international business consortia, with academia, governments and with start-ups. Based in the center of Rotterdam, our reach goes from Australia to California. We continuously push technology boundaries, not only blockchain, but also IoT, AI and Cybersecurity.
- Work closely with the lead, fellow engineers and the product team to deliver new products
- Plan and develop in alignment with the overall architecture
- Mentor fellow engineers and review code
- Stay up to date on technical options and help selecting the best fitting solution
- Strong communication and co-creation skills
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles most likely obtained through a combination of advanced bachelor or academic study and relevant professional experience
- Being able to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy
- Excited about decentralization and the transformation of energy and/or supply-chains sector
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and containerizing technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with test-driven development practices, continuous integration and continuous delivery
We are a small team that cooperate with other teams in projects that have a global reach. Suit and tie, long meetings…not our thing. New technology and getting stuff done? Yes, that’s us!
We offer a competitive salary, stimulating fringe benefits and no matter what economists say, a free lunch!
Our culture made the switch to remote working easy, and we are actively inviting applicants from outside the Rotterdam region to react (maximum 2 hours difference from CET).
If you’re interested in the position, send an email to email@example.com with your:
- Cover letter
- Your resume
- Your work: portfolio of projects and/or your GitHub and/or Stack overflow handle(s)